Sunday, April 29, 2007

Mascara


We have had a cranky day today. Gracie's bottom left molar is finally breaking through and even a trip to the park after church to go, "Whee" (a.k.a. swing) didn't help too much. There have been two especially cute moments the last few days and I am excited that I have thought to myself, "I want to write about that!"

Thursday as I got ready to go to Bunko I did not realize that my busy little girl had swiped my mascara from my drawer. I turned around to find her with the wand out and mascara appropriately right where you would imagine mascara to be if you took the wand and went through the motions without once touching an eyelash! As no eyes were poked out, I of course grabbed the camera all the while trying not to laugh and telling her that was a definite "no touch." Monkey see, monkey do! She is associating though, the next day she was outside with Ben on his workbench and he had a very small screwdriver out, she grabbed that and must have thought it looked like a mascara wand as well because she did the same thing with it.

Friday we experienced our first parade. We went to "The World's Biggest Fish Fry" parade. It was colder than we expected, but she LOVED the bands and all the action and floats. It was a two hour parade...I have never seen so many Queens and Jr. Miss this and Little Miss that, each with their own float. I think every town in a 2 hour radius was represented by some royalty, but she loved it and would randomly wave, usually when there was no one in particular to wave at, and would dance with each band. We only made it for about an hour and a half, but frankly I was also getting bored by that time, so I think she did pretty well.

No comments: