Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Bath Time

I haven't totally given up on blogging and recording Gracie's little funnies...I've just lagged. Somehow, I lost sight of why I was doing it, to be able to remember her growing up. Even in the last month and a half since I last was on this crazy blog she has changed so much. Someone told me that the days when your children are young seem to drag on slowly with the routine and monotony, but the weeks and years are so quickly gone. I can see that. There are hours and days when I feel like I have not seized the time I have with her , but I'm so glad I've been able to stay home with her thus far. TWO YEARS! She'll be two years in a matter of days and I can't believe it. We're having a little swim party next Thursday morning with some of my stay-at-home mom friends and their kids and my goal was for it to be very laid back. We have someone over to swim a couple times a week, so it should be like that, only with more people at one time, and lunch. I'm trying to prepare as much as possible before hand since Ben will be out of town next week and I won't have him to help me as he is so good at doing. We've been shopping and buying little treats for her friends and planning a little menu and a swimming pool cake. Ben is going to build her a little play kitchen for her birthday and I'm so excited to see her play with it. She is getting so big and beginning to play pretend so much. She LOVES the Doodlebops and JoJo's Circus and so sweetly sings "Twinkle, Twinkle" all the time (correct words optional.) I don't want to forget the sweet way she says "oss" for "off" and "hoesey" for "horsey" There are just too many cute things that I should be on here writing down so that I can remember. I quit because I thought it was boring to everyone else, but the point was that I wanted to remember for Gracie and for my forgetful mind. Bring on the memories.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Chattins,
I am so glad Sarah you have gotten back on and sharing what's going on. It is very hard to believe Gracie will be two years old this week. Time is going too fast. By the time we see Gracie next, she'll be so big and may not remember us. The party sounds great and I'm sure everyone will have a great time.
Thank you again for the beautiful pictures and highlights of what's going on. Give Gracie a big hug for us. Love, The Lexington Crew