

I was so sad when Halloween fell on a Wed, because that is my normal day to work and I am working a lot of extra hours, so I agreed to work a 12 hour day before I realized what day it was and that I was going to have to miss dressing Gracie up and letting her go out with all her little friends trick or treating. However, thanks to some cancellations and some help from a co-worker, we got to enjoy a fun night with all of Gracie's little buddies. She had a blast and tried so hard to keep up with the bigger kids. She was so worn out from running those little legs chasing after Claire and Preston. We sort of got the idea of saying "Trick or Treat" and the "Thank You" usually came out about halfway back down the driveway. She was enamored with the idea of just going to the door and getting candy. The best part was trying to explain to a bunch of toddlers that we go to the door at the house, but we don't just walk on in when the door is open. Our little bunch invaded more than one house on our rounds. It was very fun. I'm thankful for my friends and the little friendships our kids all share.

No comments:
Post a Comment