
Yes, I know that Gracie is getting close to two, but let's face it...she's taken her own sweet time growing hair. I went through a phase where I thought maybe I could make us some extra money by making bows and selling them...bows can be expensive! So, that was over a year ago. I made hundreds of bows. I sold about a dozen. I finally sent the whole bunch of them to Nicaragua with a group from church a few months ago. And Gracie, well, she is just now really able to keep a bow in her hair! Before she was born Ben and I had a conversation about what we hoped she looked like...I wanted her to have Ben's dimples, and his lips that curve like a smile when he's just sitting there, and his curly hair, and she got 'em all! Those curls have been slowly appearing and getting more and more crazy after her naps! Today, they got their first trim just to even up the back. How do you throw away those first little curls?? A moment of sentimentality. I made three little curl bundles, and then had to make myself throw away the rest of the remains of her haircut...precious little milestones!
1 comment:
What a special post. I didn't know you had cut Gracie's hair! How could you do that? I know they say that it grows faster if you cut it, but I would not have been able to. Did she fuss or cry? Did you? Yes, the smile, the eyes, and the curls all make her look like Ben. Yet it is amazing how much she has of her mom in her looks also. Must be the nose. :)
Post a Comment