


Summer is officially on. The pool is open and mommy has her first sunburn from swimming too long today. "Spash" or splashing is a main topic of conversation in Gracie's vernacular ("wan spash? go spash?) is brought up at any time of the day that she happens to see a towel or the sprinkler or basically water of any form. We are enjoying the activity and having friends over to swim with us. While she has finally begun to get hair and those adorable little curls, I still want her to wear a hat when we're out at the pool and amazingly, since she wouldn't keep a hat on for anything in the world this winter, she is doing fairly well with this. So I took these two pictures today of her wearing both her and my hats (which she insisted on) and of the thick winter hat that she finds and wears around the house lately. We also had another big milestone just a few minutes ago. As I was carrying Gracie to bed she turned and said "La you, Daddy!" to Ben. I'm a little jealous but so pleased. We've been saying "Love you, Daddy or Mommy" when either of us leaves and as of yet she had not even repeated it, so for her to do it spontaneously for the first time was so cute. She's just got her own things to say now...what a big girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment