This will be daddy’s first crack at this blog stuff so I’m sure it won’t be as eloquent as mommy’s posts but she did some pretty good work today so I can give her a break ;)Well, we were excited for Tuesday because Sarah had a doctor’s appointment and we were sure that things would have progressed and that they would induce. We thought this because her last appointment was the previous Thursday and the doctor commented that he expected that we would be coming to the hospital that night. So, shortly after 11am I got a call from Sarah and after a long appointment we were both frustrated to find that she had not progressed any further than she had at the previous appointment. They offered to set up an appointment to induce the next day but we were unsure if this would be rushing things unnecessarily due to our impatience. Sarah went ahead and set an appointment for the following Tuesday to be induced but didn’t get to a point of feeling comfortable with that. Luckily, Sarah called one of the OBGYNs who she is friends with from church and found that she was on call Saturday (her last day because she is due in a few weeks herself) and offered to induce at 7am. This gave Sarah a peace and we relaxed (as much as possible with a beach ball in your tummy) and watched the election results.
Business as usual right? Wrong. Sarah was awake at around 12:30 with regular contractions. She woke me up at around 1:30 and I found her out doing dishes and dusting the dining room (I don’t think us men can ever understand the whole nesting thing). So this continued for some time until she woke me up at 3 and told me it was time to go. We got our wonderful baby sitter Brenda out of bed and over to the house and were off to the delivery room. After several hours and a glorious epidural we began pushing. Sarah started at about 10 am and at 10:36 we had our wonderful little Lilly!! She came out crying but seemed to be happy to finally be stretching her little legs. She weighted in at 8lb 9oz and was 19.5in long. She is so beautiful and words can’t express how excited we are to finally have her to hold!


2 comments:
Oh, I can't wait until I get rid of this cough/cold thing and can see her!!!!!! She seems to be crying a lot in the pictures. . . things to come??? I hope not!!! Congratulations!!!
Oh, I can't wait until I get rid of this cough/cold thing and can see her!!!!!! She seems to be crying a lot in the pictures. . . things to come??? I hope not!!! Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment