One funny story and then I have to go feed the little bird. She's gotten used to it now, but the first few times Gracie watched us change Lilly's diaper her reaction was utter dismay...."Oh, no, Mommy, baby sister has poopoo on her tummy!!! Clean it Mommy, wipe up the poopoo!! Mommy it's yucky!!" It took a little explaining to convince her that the umbilical cord was not, indeed, a big blob of poopoo. She's just looking out for Lilly!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Mommy's back on the blog.
Well, I'm sleep deprived and exhausted, but enamored with my little Lilly! I felt really guilty toward the end because I didn't really feel that excited about having a new baby (at least not like I was when I was pregnant with Gracie) I just mostly wanted to NOT be pregnant anymore! But all that is forgotten and I'm in love with her little nose and little ears and sweet baby smell and soft fuzzy head... I could go on and on. She is forgiven for making me miserable and then some!! The picture taking has not been as abundant as the first time around, but we'll get some more up here soon. Ben is slightly in trouble for putting a picture on here of me passed out with my mouth hanging open with my swollen face from the 4 bags of saline they pushed into me, but I love him and forgive him too. I'm sorry anyone was subjected to that. That, too, is what it is. Having a baby is not necessarily a "pretty" process and those women who look like models after having gone through it...well, they just aren't real...I refuse to believe that they are real!! Lilly is eating and pooing which is what she's supposed to do, so that's good. She is a little jaundice, but not enough to worry about. Gracie has been soooo sweet with her and only just today showed the first small signs of jealousy, but I think part of that is that she is tired too and it's been a very exciting week around here with grandparents from both sides visiting and general upheaval of the norm. Ben will go back to work on Thursday and I'm already sad about that and a little scared at the prospect of two by myself.
One funny story and then I have to go feed the little bird. She's gotten used to it now, but the first few times Gracie watched us change Lilly's diaper her reaction was utter dismay...."Oh, no, Mommy, baby sister has poopoo on her tummy!!! Clean it Mommy, wipe up the poopoo!! Mommy it's yucky!!" It took a little explaining to convince her that the umbilical cord was not, indeed, a big blob of poopoo. She's just looking out for Lilly!
One funny story and then I have to go feed the little bird. She's gotten used to it now, but the first few times Gracie watched us change Lilly's diaper her reaction was utter dismay...."Oh, no, Mommy, baby sister has poopoo on her tummy!!! Clean it Mommy, wipe up the poopoo!! Mommy it's yucky!!" It took a little explaining to convince her that the umbilical cord was not, indeed, a big blob of poopoo. She's just looking out for Lilly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment