Monday, May 28, 2007

Girls Night Out--4 Generations

Gracie and I got a great treat yesterday. Grandmama rarely gets out anymore and has been in the hospital all last week getting her "tune up" as she calls it when the fluid on her lungs gets to be too much. Mom and Dad have been at her house helping her the last few days and we have gone over to visited a little the last 2 days. Gracie got to get out on the fishing boat with Ben and "Ka Ka"--her recent name for PawPaw Dame. She was enamoured to see them catch some "bish" and to lean over and put her hands in the lake water "spash"...Mommy was not so enamoured and nervously kept her hands on Gracie's life jacket the whole time (whatever happened to the Sarah who had no fear...ah, yes, now her daughter has no fear so I have to have it for her.) But yesterday, while the boys were gone, Grandmama decided she wanted to take us to dinner--now in Bruceton that means you drive 10 miles aover to Camden to eat at the Long John Silver/A&W resaurant. So, Evelyn Gracie, Ruth Anne, Sarah Anne and Gracie sat around a table and had a very nice time with Gracie doing her best and loudest to entertain everyone. I can't remember the last time I saw Grandmama out--except the funeral-- and I anticipate that that may be the only time that happens in my or in Gracie's lifetime to get to go out with four generations of women. What a treat and a great memory. I wish I had a picture to post.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah,
Well, I haven't had a chance to get on here lately with the last couple of weeks of school and all the activities that go along with it. I am so thrilled that you, Gracie, Grandmama, and Mom were able to go out like that. How very special. I am sure you all had a wonderful time. Hope you all are doing well, I'll try to call soon. Give Gracie a big hug!!

thechattins said...

Thanks for leaving a comment Amy! I heard that Benjamin broke his arm...ouch. We are excited to come visit for the birthday's. Give everyone there our love!