Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Does it get easier?

Here's my question of the day. How do you keep a house even relatively clean with a 20 month old destroying every semblance of order at all times...and not lose your mind? Our bedroom was so gross from the dogs and it was the one room I had not gotten to yet since the other dog left, not to mention Selah is shedding her winter coat. So, I just wanted to clean our room a little. I set Gracie up with something to do, but somehow while I vacuumed one room, she managed to make an enormous mess spreading about 100 plastic bags around the bathroom...I find myself vacillating between thinking she's so cute and smart for figuring out how to do so many things and wanting to cry with frustration. Uh Ooo...she said....yeah, uh oh!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just stop and count your blessings, or some of them. It may take too long to count all of them! Don't call Mom because she will just remind you of the blessings and she can not keep from enjoying every little story about Gracie. :)

Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Well, as a mother of three I totally understand where you are coming from. Unfortuantly, I have no great advice. I guess my response is a little like the above, if you didn't have that mess, that means you wouldn't have little Gracie. As we grow closer to having our first baby go off to college (unless she would like to go somewhere very close and stay home, which would be great with Mommy)I try very hard not to let it get to me as much as it used to. There will be a day that God will say it is time to let go, and that will mean the messes will go also. As hard as it can be sometimes, when those frustrating times come, just stop, take a deep breath, and say "Thank you God for this wonderful mess".
p.s. Paul's advice- Just wait it out and in 18 years it will take care of itself. You know he is so emotional.