Monday, September 22, 2008

Shiggering

Still nesting...it's kinda pitiful though that I want big things done that just aren't feasible at this stage in the pregnancy, so after my week of nesting chores Ben had a big "honey-do" list this weekend. Carrying things to the attic and cleaning the rugs were the primary thing and he also decided to take on the task of canning a bunch of applesauce made from apples out of Grandaddy Thorne's yard. Still feeding a fourth generation from his yard...he would be pleased. Of course I would have rather made apple pies or some other equally sweet treat, but since my husband just doesn't like sweets, I would have ended up eating them all, so that was out of the question.

On to the cute story...so, to get out of Daddy's way in the midst of the big clean up, Gracie and Selah and I were quarantined to the upstairs for a bit. The air kept kicking on even though it was plenty cool in her room and Gracie and I got chilly. The whole thing just completely cracked up Gracie. She kept standing right where the vent was blowing on her, giggling for all she was worth, and saying..."Oooo, I shiggering...I am soooo shiggering! Mommy, look at me shigger" I can't remember when, or if, we have talked much about shivering and certainly not recently since it's been hot most of the time in our house. Who knows where she gets half the things she says, but I think she's pretty funny. Here's to hoping we all don't shigger too much this winter!
We're in a phase where she begs me to take pictures of her making faces...that's my beautiful girl!!

No comments: