Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Cooking!!
I've finally gotten the nesting urge to cook. You can't make it happen, so I was just hoping for it. Yesterday, I was apparently in the soup mood because I bought the ingredients for 3 different soup recipes, and made two (one tripled for my casserole exchange group.) So, I went to the library this morning and got the book I had mentioned to see if it is worth buying at some point. Aunt Teresa and Amy both asked me for the title which is: "Once-a-Month Cooking" by Mimi Wilson and Mary Beth Lagerborg. I am sitting here trying to decide what we can afford and how much I want to take on, but it really lays it out for you and you shop one day and do some prep work and then do all the cooking the next day. It has 2 week plans or 1 month plans and I'm thinking I may do one of the 2 week plans which would be 14 meals plus my casserole girls meals for after the baby gets here...that's pretty good and probably more doable for me at this stage. The shopping list for the 30 day is a bit daunting after I just went to the store yesterday and spent more than I meant to. I'm excited...I'll let you know how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yep, it hasn't happened yet. We'll see if I make it before this baby makes it's appearance???
Post a Comment