Wednesday, December 3, 2008

First Bath



We had some umbilical cord issues! It was STANKY!! I was slightly freaking out that my sweet smelling "Lilly" smelled not much at all like a flower for a few days. Luckily I had mom here and Ben telling me to just wait a few days and it would probably be OK. It was. That nasty thing fell off pretty quick...might be because I put so much alcohol on it trying to make it not stink??? Ya think??? It also eliminated any sentimental tendencies that might make me think twice about keeping it...which by the way Ben thinks is disgusting and it wouldn't have happened anyway with him around. But in the end all is well and her belly button is cute as a button and will not stink for her whole life as I feared! These are pics from her first real bath which we took as soon as that crazy thing was off. Experience does count for something. Gracie screamed bloody murder through her first bath. Lilly's experience was much calmer and I felt like I knew what I was doing. She enjoyed it and Gracie got to help which she was sooo proud of. Sweet smelling baby again!
First Bath 11.16.08

No comments: